Six Winter Skin Care Tips
Hi, Beautiful! Winter weather or the constant switch from the cold to warm wreaks havoc on our skin. Even though we have it pretty easy here in San Diego, there are still things you need to do to give your skin some extra care during our version of winter. Here are my six favorite winter skin care tips that will help you avoid skin issues:
- Switch to a gentler cleanser. Winter weather sucks the moisture out of your skin, so you don't want to dry out your skin even more by using too harsh of a cleanser. Switch to a non-drying cleanser during the winter months before your skin gets parched.
- Don't use Vaseline or Chapstick on your lips! Besides having questionable ingredients, both of these products actually suffocate your lips and don't allow moisture to come in from the outside!
- Don't drink too much caffeine or too little water. We are what we eat - and drink! When it's colder outside, we tend not to drink as much water...preferring the warmy goodness of a hot cup of coffee or tea. Stay focused on your goal of 64 ounces of water each day. (You can get some of this water from foods!)
- Don't over moisturize or use the wrong stuff. If you're putting on too much moisturizer - or the wrong kind - your skin is going to let you know by breaking out. I encourage you to come in for a personal skin care analysis, so I can help you choose the right moisturizer for YOUR skin.
- Don't wait too long to moisturize. Put the right kind of moisturizer on your face immediately after washing it in the morning and evening. Hands and lips get extra throughout the day!
- Don't forget to exfoliate. It's just as important to exfoliate the dry skin off during the winter as it is the rest of the year. I have some excellent exfoliation treatments..
If you're faithfully following all these winter skin care tips and you feel like you're still having skin issues, click below to come in for a skincare treatment.
And, let's not forget that there is NO need to be pasty white during the winter! Come get an [all natural] sunless spray tan to keep you glowing until summer returns!